CUNY Senior College Laboratory Technician - Simulation (Nursing & Allied Health Sciences) in Bronx, New York
Job Title: Senior College Laboratory Technician - Simulation (Nursing & Allied Health Sciences)
Job ID: 20662
Location: Bronx Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Performs supervisory and/or complex technical functions in laboratories in support of coursework.
-Maintains, fabricates, modifies, and repairs equipment
-Determines equipment requirements, prepares purchase specifications and coordinates acquisitions
-Trains and supervises College Laboratory Technicians, College Assistants, and other laboratory staff
-Manages set up, maintenance, and organization of student laboratories
-Maintains safety and hygiene standards
-Documents laboratory activities
-Performs related duties as assigned.
Senior College Laboratory Technician
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
In addition to the general duties, the Senior College Laboratory Technician (CLT) for Simulation in the Department of Nursing & Allied Health Sciences at Bronx Community College will be responsible for various duties which include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain, set-up and operation of mannequin simulators, operation and troubleshooting of computer, make simple repairs and maintenance of simulation equipment.
• Preparation for disposal of hazardous waste materials in collaboration with CLT (in compliance with EPA and OSHA regulations) as well as set up of equipment and other instructional materials for support of laboratory classes.
• Maintenance of laboratory environment in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
• Assist in procurement, recordkeeping, and distribution of laboratory supplies and equipment.
• Provide laboratory support including daily maintenance and repair of lab equipment in both classroom and research laboratories.
• Assist faculty course coordinators in the design and revision of laboratory exercises (pre- and post- simulation activities).
• Act as a liaison between the office of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) and the department.
• Supervise part-time CLTs.
Evening/weekend hours may be required, if necessary.
High School Diploma with a minimum of eight years' related experience. Additional education may be used to meet the experience requirement: an Associate's degree may be substituted for two years' experience and a Bachelor's degree may be substituted for four years' experience. This position may also require the ability to supervise others.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred; higher education experience, computer proficiency and familiarity with simulation mannequins, and excellent verbal and written skills.
$48,606 - $66,849; salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select “Employment”, then select “Search Job Postings” and find JOB ID #20662. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
Resumes will be reviewed until position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.