CUNY Administrative Coordinator - STEM Institute in New York, New York
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - STEM Institute
Job ID: 20755
Location: City College of New York
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The STEM Institute focuses on increasing the number of high school students majoring in STEM fields by strengthening students' preparation in mathematics and science courses, engaging students in STEM related activities such as robotics and entrepreneurship, and providing “on college campus” experiences and mentoring.
The Administrative Coordinator will report to the Senior Associate Provost at The City College of New York. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, tasks include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate, organize, and perform daily clerical and administrative duties associated with the STEM Institute operations.
• Provide administrative assistance to the department and serve as a liaison for students, faculty, staff, and parents.
• Assist in preparing reports of program progress and funding proposals.
• Work with families and students to support mission of STEM Institute.
• Supervise student teaching assistants; facilitate collaboration with high school administrators and staff.
Bachelor's Degree required.
• Two years' related experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to be proactive and work both independently and as part of a large team
• Proficient use of computer tools for management and reporting
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Ability to multi-task and prioritized assignments as well as work within assigned deadlines
• Proficient with MS Office Suite
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
May supervise office staff and student workers.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYfirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
Click "Search job listings"
Click on "More search options"
Search by Job Opening ID number
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
July 16, 2019
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.