CUNY Financial Aid Manager in Queens, New York
Job Title: Financial Aid Manager
Job ID: 20724
Location: Queens College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Often referred to as “the jewel of the CUNY system,” Queens College is a place of contrasts: An urban school in a suburban setting, where a large and diverse student body receives personalized attention. This formula has made us one of New York’s premier educational institutions.
With a mission to prepare students to become leading citizens of an increasingly global society, we offer a rigorous education in the liberal arts and sciences under the guidance of a faculty dedicated to both teaching and research. Our liberal arts, science, and pre-professional programs earn us high rankings in prestigious college guides such as The Princeton Review America’s Best Value Colleges. Our students graduate with the ability to think critically, address complex problems, explore various cultures, use modern technologies and information resources, and have won prominence in nearly every field.
In support of the campus mission, strategic plans and values the Office Financial Aid services seeks to fill one Financial Aid Manager vacancy.
Reporting directly to the Director of Financial Aid, the Financial Aid Manager will serve as the deputy and be responsible for fund management and disbursement, coordinating technology and information systems, and reviewing annual aid configuration. The successful candidate will work to resolve security related matters and provide statistical data, while overseeing and maintaining constant communication with all campus and third party constituents via multiple mediums
Along with the CUNY title overview, the Financial Aid Manager will perform the following tasks:
• Ensures program compliance (including verification and documentation requirements, consumer information, Federal Loans, Federal Work Study, and Return of Title IV)
• Manages and monitors NYS Tuition Assistance Program and the new NYS Excelsior Scholarship Program
• Oversees services provided to students
• Ensures that proper outreach and publication measures are taken to inform students of various financial opportunities
• Assists in the development and implementation of office policies and procedures
• Develops training materials and presentations for staff’s professional development on the student information system.
• Analyzes data on financial aid processes using CUNYFirst and implements changes when needed
• Serves as a liaison to multiple departments on student financial matters
• Troubleshoot system issues as needed (e.g. submitting tickets)
• Some evening and weekend work required.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.
• Experience with federal and state Financial Aid regulations, strongly preferred
• 3 yrs. experience with Oracle/PeopleSoft student database
• Experience with supervising Financial Aid staff in a College setting
• Experience working with students from diverse populations
• Experience with Microsoft products, especially Excel
• Flexible evening and weekend work schedule
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Plans, develops and implements financial aid policies and processes in accordance with Federal, State and University standards.
Manages financial aid activities and represents the office at on-campus and off-campus meetings and forums
Manages day-to day administrative and systems operations for optimal efficiency and customer service; manages special processes such as Return of Title IV Aid
Provides comprehensive financial counseling to parents and students
Implements all necessary processes to support financial aid application, awarding and delivery cycles
Oversees the coordination of financial aid activities with those of other College and University offices
Implements and maintains web based services
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Financial Aid Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$84,678 - $90,871, Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting on any website other than CUNYfirst, please follow the instructions below:
Go to cuny.jobs
In the box under "job title/ keyword", enter "20724"
Click on "Financial Aid Manager"
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
Please note that the candidates must upload a cover letter describing related qualifications and experience, resume, and the name and contact information of three (3) professional references as ONE DOCUMENT in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf format.
**Please use a simple name for the document that you uploaded, for example: JDoeResume. Documents with long names cannot be parsed by the application system.
July 17, 2019
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.