CUNY Human Resource Coordinator - CUNY Law School in Queens, New York
Job Title: Human Resource Coordinator - CUNY Law School
Job ID: 20166
Location: CUNY School of Law
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The HR Coordinator provides professional support to Human Resources Director with all duties within the Human Resources’ department. The HR Coordinator will provide exceptional customer service to administrators, faculty, staff, students and general public; communicate and apply college and district employment policies and procedures and state and federal employment rules and regulations.
In addition to the CUNY Ttitle Overview, the Coordinator’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Coordinating HR related projects and initiatives in support of HR strategic goals, routinely dealing with sensitive situations; and responding to HR inquiries and/or operational questions.
• Assisting in the recruitment and on-boarding process.
• Collaborating with and advising hiring managers, and administrators on the hiring process.
• Assisting in coordinating special HR events, such as Professional Development Day, benefits fairs, recruitment events, etc.
• Creating department related electronic surveys to measure the effectiveness of learning outcomes, and satisfaction levels across the campus
• Assists in the development of electronic educational sessions, utilizing advanced technologies such as Adobe Connect, Skype, Jabber, Panopto, etc.
• Managing HR service window
• Calendaring for the Director and HR Department
• Assisting with time and leave record keeping
• Providing coverage in other areas of human resources as necessary
• Actively participating in regular team meetings and professional organizations or conferences
Bachelor's Degree required
- Bachelor's with a focus on business, HR or related field preferred
-Two years of HR experience in an office environment preferred
Excellent organizational, communication (oral, written and electronic) and interpersonal skills
Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline- oriented office that requires accuracy, customer service and a high degree of professionalism at all times.
Must be able to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality while paying keen attention to detail.
Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, FileMaker Pro and Word in particular).
Experience using PeopleSoft is preferred.
Experience in higher education setting is highly desirable.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides information and services to the College community to support the Human Resources function.
Prepares and executes various personnel transactions involving employee recordkeeping, processing of new hires, pay administration, and recruiting
Maintains an understanding of policies, procedures, regulations, and collective bargaining agreements relevant to human resources
Organizes and processes employee information; develops and maintains reports and queries; assures data accuracy and completeness
Responds to requests for information; troubleshoots issues, follows up and responds to employee inquiries
Assists HR managers with employee communications of all kinds; may prepare materials, conduct orientation sessions, or update web pages
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: HR Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Resumes will be accepted through April 26, 2019.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.